RATES AND CONDITIONS
To Hire a 4WD Vehicle:
- The driver must present a valid driving license held for at least two years.
- The driver must be over 21 years of age.
- Credit card details or a minimum advance payment of one day's hire is required to secure a booking. (3.5% surcharge on American Express Cards)
- All vehicles carry third party insurance with $2500 excess.
- At the time of hire a $1000 pre-authorisation will be held on your credit card
- All drivers must attend a 1 hour information briefing (a detailed map is provided)
Vehicle Hire Rates Per Calendar Day*
|2 Days**||3-6 Days||7 Days +|
|2 Passenger 4WD (A)||$ 195||$ 180||$ 170|
|5 Passenger 4WD (A)||$ 225||$ 205||$ 195|
*Prices are indicative and subject to change (school holidays). 4WD hire for Fraser Island is unique and is not the same as basic mainland car hire. 4WD hire is not based on 24 hour segments but on calendar days.
** Single day hire is subject to availability and incurs a surcharge.
Minimum 3 day hire during Christmas holidays
(A) Automatic transmission available
All prices include GST
- QNPWS vehicle permit $48.25 (can be purchased at time of hire)
- Camping permits $6.15 per person per night
- Barge return via River Heads $175.00 for up to 4 people, additional passengers $12.00 each
- All Vehicles are supplied full of fuel and must be returned full.
Upon booking confirmation, Fraser Magic will secure your barge reservation and pre-complete your National Park driving permit application form.
|From River Heads to Kingfisher Bay Resort||06:45||09:00||12:30||15:30|
|From Kingfisher Bay Resort to River Heads||07:50||10:30||14:00||17:00|
|From River Heads to Wanggoolba Creek||08:30||10:15||16:00|
|From Wanggoolba Creek to River Heads||09:00||15:00||17:00|
Your first day of hire begins 2 hours before barge departure time and your last day of hire finishes 1 1/2 hours after barge departure time, unless special arrangements have been made.
In our information session before your hire, we use videos and information approved by Queensland National Parks and Wildlife Service (QNPWS) to help you enjoy your visit to Fraser Island without doing any damage to yourself or affecting the delicate balance of Fraser Island. We also supply a detailed map and Fraser Island information with every 4WD.
Every effort is made to ensure you have a safe and memorable holiday on World Heritage Listed Fraser Island.
- up to 3 weeks before starting date => administration fee of $ 35
- less than 3 weeks before starting date => cancellation fee equivalent of one day vehicle hire
- less than 3 days before starting date => full cost of hire (up to maximum 3 days hire)
Cancellation fees can be used as credit for another booking up to six months after cancellation. (Conditions apply)